All interested participants should be English-speaking or Bi-lingual.What is the purpose of the Youth Advisory Council (YAC)?
To ensure that the Teen Pregnancy Prevention Initiative and Know What U Want: U Choose Campaign has a youth voice.What are the goals?
- Provide youth focused guidance and feedback to the Teen Pregnancy Prevention Initiative
- Engage youth in leadership and skill building activities
- Empower youth to be peer health advocates
- Mobilize the youth to raise awareness of the Know What U Want U Choose campaign in neighborhoods with the highest rates of teen pregnancy
- Meet bi-monthly
- Learn different health topics affecting teens
- Provide feedback on campaign messages
- Plan and conduct outreach activities for youth in the city
- Develop creative and artistic projects for education of youth and outreach
- Aged between 14-20
- Live in Baltimore City
- Commit to regular participation
- Complete a brief application assessing interest
- Have appropriate parental consent, if under 18
- Interest in helping other youth be empowered about their future
Ask Ur Question
Have a question that you don't see here?
Email your questions to:
We'll get you an answer as soon as possible. All questions are confidential, so ask away!
Pills taken after unprotected sex to prevent fertilization and pregnancy. To be effective, must be taken as soon as possible but no more than 5 days after unprotected sex. read more
It's important to understand your body and how birth control prevents pregnancy from happening. read more